Welcome to the historic Kangaroo House Bed and Breakfast on beautiful Orcas Island, Gem of the San Juan Islands of Washington State. Nestled among San Juan Island, Lopez Island and Shaw Island, Orcas offers the most coastline, the tallest peak in all the islands, and the most varied topography and marine ecosystems, making for the best hiking, kayaking and most incredible vistas to be found in this amazing archipelago. Centrally located near Eastsound, this lovely 1907 Craftsman inn has provided B&B accommodation for 33 consecutive years and has a long history of distinctive lodging dating back to the early 1900’s.
With the ambiance of a small lodge, this B&B has won national and local acclaim for great food and its friendly, casual style. Read the rave reviews online from guests themselves. Perfect for a romantic getaway, outdoor adventure, or San Juan Islands excursion, Kangaroo House provides:
- Central location in Eastsound, one mile north of restaurants, shops and galleries
- All rooms have Private Bathrooms
- 1 night stays allowed any time October through April and any time of year if one night is all that is available
- 2 night minimum stay if you reserve a Saturday night May through September, 2014
- Romantic garden hot tub
- Sumptuous organic breakfast, (a lovingly created breakfast that a couple would pay $40 for or more if you went out for an organic breakfast) Ask us about great lunch and dinner spots serving great local food!
- DVD players and a selection of movies in both suites/Blu Ray in Northern Flicker Suite
- Wireless High Speed Internet access
- Availability and Reservations online (yes, it’s up to date!)
Strolling grounds and garden
Spectacular sunsets on North Beach,only a 5-minute walk
4 miles from Moran State Park lakes, trails, and panoramic Mount Constitution
Birders welcome - some of the best birding in the state
Boaters welcome - walking distance from Brandt’s Landing marina 360-376-4477
Fly-ins welcome - walking distance from local airstrip (KORS)
Guests 12 years old and older welcome
Proud member of the Orcas Lodging Association
Inspected and approved by the exclusive Washington Bed and Breakfast Guild
Kangaroo House Bed and Breakfast is also featured and recommended in Moon Handbook’s Guide to the San Juan Islands, their Guide to Washington State, The Essential San Juan Islands Guide, Washington- An Explorer’s Guide, and countless other books. Also, enjoy reading our Yelp reviews.
"My partner, a self-declared cereal-only breakfast eater, was blown away by the delicious morning meals." -Whistling Marmot