Kangaroo House Bed and Breakfast
An Orcas Island Bed and Breakfast in the San Juan Islands
Welcome to the historic Kangaroo House Bed & Breakfast on beautiful Orcas Island, Gem of the San Juan Islands
of Washington State. Centrally located in Eastsound, this lovely 1907 Craftsman inn has provided B&B accommodation for 35 consecutive years and has a long history of distinctive lodging dating back to the early 1900s.
With the ambiance of a small garden lodge, our b&b has won acclaim for delicious creative food and a friendly, casual style. Read the rave reviews online
from guests themselves. Perfect for a romantic getaway, outdoor adventure, or San Juan Islands excursion, Kangaroo House provides:
- Central location in Eastsound, one mile north of restaurants, shops and galleries
- All rooms have Private Bathrooms
- 1 night stays allowed any time October through May and any time of year if only one night is available
- 2 night minimum stay June through September, 2015 unless only one night is available
- Romantic garden hot tub
- Sumptuous breakfast made from scratch, using locally sourced organic ingredients. (a lovingly created breakfast that a couple would pay $40 or more for if you went out for an all-organic breakfast). Ask us about great lunch and dinner spots serving great local food!
- DVD players and a selection of movies in both suites/Blu Ray in Northern Flicker Suite
- Wireless High Speed Internet access
- Availability and Reservations online (yes, it’s up to date!)
- Strolling grounds and garden
- Cozy library
- Spectacular sunsets on North Beach, only a 5-minute walk
- 4 miles from Moran State Park's lakes, trails, and panoramic Mount Constitution
- Birders welcome - some of the best birding in the state
- Boaters welcome - walking distance from Brandt’s Landing marina 360-376-4477
- Fly-ins welcome - walking distance from local airstrip (KORS)
- Guests 12 years old and older welcome
- Proud member of the Orcas Lodging Association
- Inspected and approved by the exclusive Washington Bed and Breakfast Guild
Kangaroo House Bed and Breakfast is also featured and recommended in Moon Handbook’s Guide to the San Juan Islands, their Guide to Washington State, The Essential San Juan Islands Guide, Washington- An Explorer’s Guide, and countless other books. Also, enjoy reading our Yelp reviews
. "My partner, a self-declared cereal-only breakfast eater, was blown away by the delicious morning meals."
|Current time in Eastsound, WA
Last Minute Special
The Ferry Service releases a ton of reservations (30% of the boat) at 7am, 48 hours prior to your travel day, and traveling standby is easier than ever. Boats are not even filling all the way up on many summer sailings!
Reserve a stay with us within that 48 hours, and we'll reduce the cost of your stay 15%. Available for any reservation made for within 48 hours of now.
View Details >>