Kangaroo House Bed & Breakfast on Orcas Island
The longest running b&b in the San Juan Islands
Welcome to the historic Kangaroo House Bed & Breakfast on beautiful Orcas Island, Gem of the San Juan Islands of Washington State. Centrally located in Eastsound, this lovely 1907 Craftsman Inn has provided B&B accommodation for 40 consecutive years and has a long history of distinctive lodging dating back to the early 1900s.
Unlike a hotel, our b&b has a casual, romantic, lodge-like style and has won acclaim for delicious creative food and a friendly, informal atmosphere. Read the rave reviews online from guests themselves. Perfect for a romantic getaway, outdoor adventure, or San Juan Islands excursion, Kangaroo House provides:
- Central location in Eastsound, one mile north of restaurants, shops and galleries
- All rooms have Private Bathrooms
- 1 night stays allowed late Fall, all Winter, & early Spring, 2 night minimum May through October. 3 nights including a Saturday night
- Romantic, open air garden hot tub
- Sumptuous breakfast made from scratch, using organic ingredients, many of which are locally sourced. (a lovingly created breakfast that a couple would pay $45 or more for if you went out for an all-organic breakfast). Ask us about great lunch and dinner spots serving great local food!
- Availability and Reservations online (yes, it’s up to date!)
- Strolling grounds and garden
- Cozy library
- Spectacular sunsets on North Beach, only a 5-minute walk
- Wireless High-Speed Internet access, please note - no TV, DVD players and screens & a selection of movies in both suites/Blu-Ray in Northern Flicker Suite
- 4 miles from Moran State Park's lakes, trails, and panoramic Mount Constitution
- Birders welcome - some of the best birding in the state
- Boaters welcome - walking distance from Brandt’s Landing Marina 360-376-4477
- Fly-ins welcome - walking distance from local airstrip (KORS)
- Guests 12 years old and older welcome
- People of all nations, beliefs, genders, and pronouns are safe and welcome here
- Proud member of the Orcas Lodging Association
Ask us to send you our very own Gift Certificates which will never expire for your friends and family. Kangaroo House Bed and Breakfast is also featured and recommended in Moon Handbook’s Guide to the San Juan Islands, their Guide to Washington State, The Essential San Juan Islands Guide, Washington- An Explorer’s Guide, and countless other sites and blogs. Also, enjoy reading our Yelp reviews.
"My partner, a self-declared cereal-only breakfast eater, was blown away by the delicious morning meals." -Whistling Marmot